Friday, May 2, 2008

Cantaloupe

For the past few weeks we were learning about the farm. After making a list of animals we would find there, I asked the students to tell me what animals you would NOT see at the farm. They started shouting - Lions! Monkeys! Whales! Fish! Bears! Cantaloupe!

To which I replied, "Cantaloupe?" The shouting stopped. "Who said Cantaloupe?" One of the boys raised his hand proudly. "I did!"

(Ok, since we all know what he meant, I was pretty impressed that he even knew there were antelope.)

So I asked, "Are you sure? Do you mean antelope?"

"No, Mrs. Underwood. Cantaloupe."

"OH! Can you tell what they look like?"

"You know, those things that are kind-of like deer."

"Oh Yeah!"

I just smiled. How could you not?

2 comments:

Jodie Howerton said...

I LOVE it! Seriously, kids are hilarous...

Lisa said...

I love your Kindergarten stories.

xoxo