Thursday, August 28, 2008

Missing my home

So, I have been putting "together" my classroom that last few days. (I use quotations on 'together' because switching grade levels has left my room pretty bare bones.) Since I hadn't met many of the other teachers yet, I was actually being very productive. In other words, I wasn't being my chatty self.

We'll today we had the first staff meeting to start the year. It was hard. I kept wondering what CL was doing and really missing them. I was missing hearing everyone's stories of the summer. I was missing the laughter and fun we have together.

Change is hard. I know I did the right thing for my family. But, right now it sucks.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

we missed you TERRIBLY!!

i've cried BOTH days we've been back.

i told bich 'i feel like i'm going through a break-up!'

we need to work hard at still seeing each other.

i miss you beyond words.

love you. xoxo

Suzi said...

Hey! I've been thinking about you! It's not the same, believe me. Hope your room is coming together. What's a good night for you so that we can get dinner? All of us!
Miss you :)

Tiff said...

I feel your pain...I have changed jobs so many times and EVERY time I second guessed my decision.

It will be easier as you get to know the ins and outs of your new position. Just think of all the 'extra' time you'll get to spend with Isabella now!

Congrats and Good Luck...sending you hugs!