Monday, September 15, 2008

A New Day Care

Isabella started a new day care this school year. This is a good thing. In August we spent a lot of time checking out day cares around us. Home and Centers. Picking a day care is hard. Will these strangers really love and cherish my baby?

The first day of school was also her first day. She screamed. I mean SCREAMED. Top of her lungs screaming and crying - reaching for me as I left. Boy, I felt good!

Day 2 - same as before. Screaming, crying.
Day 3- Ok. I tried something new. We brought her snack bowl of Cheerios. I thought maybe I could keep her occupied. So I signed her in and as I walked down the hallway, she wrapped her legs tightly around my and started crying and clinging to me. Not good. We aren't even to the classroom yet.

So I told Skip, we will give it one more week. I am really hoping that it is just because she isn't used to being away from us that long. Heck, I had just spent the whole summer with her!

So the next week started off just like before. I tried new "tricks". We brought Eeyore. We brought Eeyore and cheerios. I stayed those extra few minutes. I gave 1 last kiss good-bye. Nothing seemed to be working. Then last Thursday - a break through - Ms. Diane kept her occupied so I could sneak out. I watched through the window and she was smiling. It was good.

After the weekend, I thought today was going to be a bear again. Boy was I wrong. We walked in the door. She wanted down. She walked behind the counter, waved and shouted "Hi" to the director. She walked herself down the hall to her classroom and when I opened the classroom door, she yelled "Hi" again. Making her grand entrance. We went in, she found some books I hung up her lunch and went to give her a kiss. And she turned to me, says "BYE!" and waves.

WOW! I almost cried. That hit me more then her screaming and crying. My little girl is growing up, becoming Miss Independent!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

i'm so glad she stopped screaming bloody murder!

xoxox

Tiff said...

Happy to hear she's doing better. She just misses her momma!

Mike Howerton said...

Too cute. You are a great mom. We miss you here...I'm so glad you get to be closer to your little love

Eve said...

Oh I felt your pain just reading this and it brought back a lot of memories for me. I too am very happy that she is doing so well! Hang in there mommy you have a long way to go... :)