I am the new kid. I get that. I am trying really hard to not say, "At my old school we ________." I am REALLY trying not to be that person. It's getting really hard for me to be quiet........
I worked my old district for 7 years. I felt that in that time, progress was (and is still) being made for what is right for students and teachers. Professional development for teachers to learn and collaborate with one another...HUGE! (I know parents don't like all the days off, but the students do benefit) Students working at their individual learning level - GREAT!
The more I learn about my new district, the more I feeling I am being pulled in a time warp....backwards. I know that in this new district, money is not as prevalent as the old one. But they're are still ways to progress.
Some of the luxuries I had I am desperately missing - my continuous planning time, planning time every day, the print shop, & access to teaching materials. Sigh....
Thursday, September 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I miss not seeing your face... :(
hang in there ... it can only get better.
right?!?
you are missed. really, really missed.
my heart misses your presence.
xoxo
Post a Comment